About Me

My photo
Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas, United States
I'm mom to 3 beautiful children, wife to a wonderful man who is the love of my life and grandmother, "Nonna", to a beautiful grandson. Like too many others out there, I am the mother of an addict. I am still learning to deal with things in a healthy way and have a life inspite of the insanity that addiction produces. I am very blessed to have found this community of amazing people that share so much of themselves with us all through their blogs. You are all an inspiration to me. I share your struggles, your pain, your joys and all your hopes. I pray for the addicts still out there suffering and for the people that love them the most. My heart felt thanks to each & every one of you! May God's mercy and grace be with us all, Kristi

Monday, October 4, 2010

Remaining Cautiously Optimistic….

This past weekend was my ex-husband and the father of my children’s 50th birthday. My daughter was at her dad’s for the weekend and C and my grandbaby were going over on Saturday for a cookout to celebrate the ex’s birthday. Jake and C have been apart for a couple of weeks now. In the past whenever they have split up, Jake would take off and commence the beginning of his life spiraling out of control one more time….just the way it’s always gone. So, I was really surprised when my daughter told me that Jake came along with C and their son, to his dad’s for the cookout. Even more surprising was when my daughter told me that it had been Jake’s idea and he asked C if he could go with her and their baby. I guess you’d really have to know Jake and understand how he works to really get why this is sooooo out of character for him. It had been more than a week since I’ve had any communication with Jacob, so I decided to send him a text this morning just to say I love you and ask if he was doing okay and was he still staying at friends. He replied saying that he was back with C and they are trying to work things out. I’m happy they are trying to work on things….I’m not sure if things will work out for them or not, but I’m happy they’re at least trying…again. They’ve been together for more than 2 years (with periods of seperation) and I believe they really love each other but I worry about them because they each have their own issues, they’re so young and neither has the maturity to really understand and put into practice what it takes to have a healthy, loving relationship, not to mention that neither really know or understand what a healthy relationship is, in part, due to their young ages, lack of experience and the fact that both came from divorced homes….they are equally hard headed and stubborn. But, I have decided not to worry overly much about their relationship or read too much into this different course of action that I’m seeing with Jacob this time. Instead, I will breathe a sigh of relief for the moment, continue praying and remain cautiously optimistic and hopeful….I’ve turned it over to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment